Sunday, September 04, 2005

R. U. S.'


Rodents of unusual size? Ha, I don't believe in them...
This is one of the main attractions of my complex; an endless stream of entertainment, provided by larger than life rats that roam our parking lot at will. These little creatures, which we lovingly refer to as "Beav-Rats", on account of the fact they look like a cross between beavers and rats...
Anyways, we love these little critters... They are so dumb. I love to bring over people who are new to the area... And tell them about the 5 lbs. rats in the parking lot. They never believe me, until they are running back towards the house screaming, "oh my god, it's a giant rat!!"
From there, my guests end up running across the lawn, with their high heels sinking into the grass, as they stalk their new prey with stealth skills that would rival the Crocodile Hunter. We have found that by beaming them in the face with a Mag Light, they will freeze just long enough for you to pelt them in the head with a large crown of broccoli. The beav-rat's immediate reaction is "what the heck was that" as they jump straight into the air, but moments later, they have forgotten the entire incident and are overwhelmed with joy at the discovery of the broccoli. It is a very entertaining and consuming hobby...Torturing the local rodents... It's a tough job, but someone has to do it, and it might as well be me.

By the way, this is one of the babies... not too bright, I actually got within a foot to take this shot... I could have poked it with a stick.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Be careful...Nutrea have rabies sometimes. One killed a cat I had once too. They're nasty little fuckers.