Saturday, March 22, 2008

Where are they now?

It is kind of interesting to think that I started this site over four years ago in October of 2004. I was 20 years old...
It was an assignment for one of my first technology classes at the U of O.
It was frustrating at first...
I had many issues getting the thing off the ground...
Then I went into the crazy phase of modifying every bit of code possible...

Then years went by, and all the people who read it slowly moved on and away...

Later I actually taught a class on blogging to the same tech class i took 3 years earlier...
That was a lot of fun. I was able to say I taught a university class...
It was a kick.

It's just interesting to think back on all the people I went through the program with and how they all scattered to the wind when the bell rang and they recieved their degrees... Many of them have married and started families, and others are hard at work with in schools all accross the country.

Originally we started a blog just for the members of our cohort,
but no one has posted to it since december of 2006...

That was kind of a bummer... It would be wonderful for people to use that resource and touch base. but I guess most of them probably forgot their logins and don't have the time...

Well I will just have to do my part and secretly wonder where they all ended up.

No comments: