Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lesson Learned

Apparently, when you go to a Chinese buffet and spend less than 20 minutes eating from start to finish, they think you didn't enjoy your meal...

I had no problem with the food, it's cheap, but fast...
I just didn't feel like staring off into the corner for much longer than that...
I had been there many times, with other people, but thought it would be faster than sitting down to order somewhere else...

Kinda funny the way not being in a group makes people stand out...
The hostess asked if it was my first time visiting them, though I have been going there for over four years...

I like looking at the ceiling there... Sounds strange, but before it was a Chinese Buffet, it used to be Lyon's, one of my favorite restaurants. I found it hard to believe that the place didn't make it, but I suppose the owners may have just retired or passed the business on to their children...

At any rate, I have many fond memories of spending time there, sipping chocolate milk shakes after hitting the hot tubs that are right down the street... It was our routine during finals week...

I really miss the location and that now the only place to track down a milk shake in the area is Wendy's.

No comments: