Sunday, March 30, 2008

Overly Excited about Nothing

So this morning I awoke at the crack of dawn with the mad urge to make cookies...
A massive amount of cookies...
I first looked around to see if Autumn was home...
I found her bike sitting in the usual place and immediately crept up the stairs to confirm my suspicion...

After seeing a familiar pile of blonde curls protruding from a green sea of blankets I flew downstairs to set to my mission before she woke...

I made a pot of coffee, finished off the last of the dishes from our party and cranked up the oven.

I was suddenly overwhelmed with appreciation for all the wonderful things in my kitchen...
Mostly for my parchment paper... which made the cookie process both simple and efficient...

Then I noticed the latest antics of the evil fish that ungratefully lives in my tank...
From the very beginning goldie has been on my list...
First with his many attempts on blackie's life... then with his mission to eat all my new duckweed, now going even further to infuriate me by digging a large whole next to my new plant.

I can see what he's up to... He is either attempting to knock the thing over, or expose the roots and eat it...
Either way, I am way mad at the fish.

My only revenge for his wrong-doings is that I turned up the filter as high as it can go, which creates a whirlpool effect that forces the evil thing to swim for it's life constantly... And if he ever stops moving as fast as he can, he gets sucked into the vortex and swirls backwards in the tank...

It's my favorite part of the whole set up... Torturing goldie, the renegade Denis the Menace in my living room

I also noticed a small pool of water on the ground behind the tank today...
Another ominous sign of problems to come...
Apparently it isn't the tank, just a collection of moisture from the filter combined with the awkward slant the tank has taken on.

But enough about the darn fish...

Everyone says I am way too worried about them and that they will be the final straw that pushes me over the edge...

I am constantly thinking the black one is dying, since he lays down all the time...
And I don't have the energy to change the water every five minutes...

Anyways, the coffee wore off.

Back to cleaning...

No comments: