Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blackie is dying, and Autumn is about to stop taking my calls...
I should have changed his water more...
I was selfish and lazy...

Now blackie has fuzz growing on his head...
Probably encouraged by his stagnant movement and lying on the bottom of the tank.
Moss grows on a still fish...

So I put the ick stuff in the tank and changed the water, he was fine, but now he isn't moving again...

Way sad, I killed him, he's dying...
Ok, he's moving... but he isn't happy and is definitely fighting fate...
I have his next tank set up, and if he makes it through the afternoon I will move him...

Lame... I should see if I can hire someone to take care of these...
It isn't hard, I just can't handle the stress and guilt of being in charge of these...
And I am worried once I start working that I won't be able to take care of them...
I suppose I could just buy them in bulk and throw them out once a week like flowers, but that would take an amount of detachment that even I would have a hard time coping with...

This isn't fair, goldie is doing great...
I kinda wanna put blackie in the big tank too, thinking that the current would take care of the fuzz, but worrying that the fuzz would spread and then the big tank would be contaminated, killing them both, and then forcing me to scrub the tank and get rid of all the water...

Guess I will get back to making those little viking ships for the bathtub, we will see how many popsicle sticks it takes...

No comments: