Wednesday, June 04, 2008

You have to be kidding me

I could not believe how hard it was to get a money order today...
I got shut down 6 times in a row...

I was about to give up.

Sitting in my last meeting of the day, burning a hole into the clock with my eyes... Watching the moments slip by and knowing it all had to be in the works by 5:00. I get home and finish 5 bills in 15 min. a new record, down to the final 4 major ones...

I call the bank with ten minutes to go... They close at five and I am finally out of checks...
I take care of that scenario and move on to the more pressing one... How am I going to get these things out in the mail tonight? The lady at the bank is mystified... Like no one ever runs out... She mentions trying a grocery store... Helpful...

Stop one: Albertson's: Verdict (the lady informs me she only has $200 in the till, as if I were holding the place up) not helpful
Suggestion: Hit up every ATM in town... Ha

Stop Two: Bank in Albertson's: Verdict: We only work with cash
Suggestion: Blank Stares and the post office

Stop Three: Post Office (which I knew would be closed)
Suggestion: Give up and Go home

Stop Four: Walmart: Verdict: Victory is mine
Suggestion: the lady behind the counter might need a little counseling on working with people, since she started an all out fight with the lady next to her over the little mats they stand on for hours at a time...

Way too much work, and then I couldn't figure out how to fill the thing out...
Stop One: Gas Station: Attendant: Verdict: I have never seen one quite like that before
Suggestion: Good luck... I think you have the right idea

Stop Two: Post Office: Type A lady I might have been tailing for the last 3 Blocks: Verdict: She ran away
Suggestion: Don't tail people with your stereo all the way up singing at the top of your lungs

Stop Three: Post Office: Guy with more boxes than anyone should be carrying: Verdict: Success
Suggestion: One, make two trips, and that there should be more helpful people like this guy everywhere

It can't be this hard people, come on...

No comments: