Wednesday, June 04, 2008

607

God I love that movie...
Thank you for Smoking
The main character cracks me up.

I love the idea of getting paid to talk.
Lots of people do, myself included, but it takes something extra to be great at it.

That is definitely one of my favorite parts of what I do.
I would have probably been a little shy to talk in front of a group of my peers as a child, maybe not.
I wish I had more of a memory of the first time I got up in front of a room full of admins and taught them some random bit of software... Wish I knew what it was... It never seemed like anything out of the ordinary, I just put down my bag, put my hair up, and went on with the show. Even when I wrote "My new tits" on the screen, it didn't phase me for a second...

We all end up doing those things, it's part of what makes public speaking exciting and memorable.

I also get a kick out of them knowing my name. I am one of the only people in my building that is recognized on a first name basis... And have heard from other lab techies that many times when new apps and topics are introduced, at least one of their students raise their hand and says Kellyclare taught us that...

"I'm glad you asked" will definitely be part of my head stone...
that and "Don't worry, no one is born knowing this"

No comments: