Saturday, January 12, 2008

Game Night

And the rest of the weekend so far...

Got the grading done....
That feel's good...

Last evening Autumn and I ventured over to Sierra's for game night.... This bi-weekly event is usually underattended and always in threat of being scratched off the calendar do to lack of interest, but this time there were more people than room to house them. We crammed over 10 girls and Galen into the tiny one bedroom apartment that they call home... The foundation is slipping and the house has more than an obvious slant to it. Once through the door you start to steady yourself as though you were on a ship... After regaining composure and adjusting to the awkward incline, you can resume your activities only to be reminded all to often of the situation as drinks and game pieces often hit the floor with little warning...

In games where there are penalties for loosing pieces we let infractions slide on account of the house...

Anyways, other than that...
I broke the thermostat.
It was like 85 degrees in the place when I got home today...
It was great. I walked over to the thermostat the other day to adjust the temperature and casually mentioned that the shafty piece of plastic that served as the knob looked as though it could break any time... Like clockwork it fell through my fingers and bounced onto the floor.

Great, so being less than concerned I went on with the day and didnt think back on it once, until I was forced to frantically overturn pillows and parts of furniture in an attempt to find the elusive contraption to turn the heat down...
Apparently my intuition was wrong and I had been inadvertently cranking the heat by hand with a pair of tweezers...
Now I know better... and will keep an eye on it...

That was the thrilling day, and I saw "I am Legend"
which I will never watch again.

No comments: