Monday, August 15, 2005

What Did I do today...

Sorry guys, this won't be an exciting entry... what can I say... I am not that interesting, give me a break. Anyways here was my daily routine:
1. Wake up, wander around the house
2. Shower
3. Stare at my filthy house and run out of the door in frustration
4. Go to the university and talk to a nice lady from Georgia about what a screw up I am and how I have no idea what I am doing with my life... We made a lot of progress... I enjoyed her positive attitude and funny accent... We went over the fact that I need to baby step a few things to get where I need to be... One of which is my house... Noting that it is imposible to focus on the outside world when I come home daily to the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew...
- We also talked about working on aiming a bit higher in the job market for once... unlike the rest of the world, she was not impressed with my work at the fuzzy factory and thought I might try something a little more befitting a person of my education.
-She noted that I need to work on my boundries with people in general (so I have to work on the no thing... so everyone should call and ask me for extravagant things so I can practice blowing everyone off *smile*) and that being a nice person is great as long as the world isn't scerwing you over
-and the list goes on....
5. I met Sara and played co-pilot on her trip to Coos Bay...
6. Helped her look for houses... We met the landlord to the potential cottage she would be living in in Coos Bay... It's on the beach near Charleston and sinking into the ground... But aside from that, the overwhelming clutter, small size of the house, and the overly outgoing and repetative personality of the land owner, it seems like a good match. It is a real cute place and is totally perfect.
7. Listened to the Scissor Sisters album 9 times in a row (over the course of the trip)
8. Drove Home
9. Put away the laundry... opened all the windows, fanned out the house, and Grandma gave me a popsicle
10. Talked to everyone I know, called it a day, and dove for the laptop....

Wasn't that Exciting?! Oh yeah, good times...
I used to be this thrilling person, traveling far and wide, doing crazy things... Getting on buses to Mexico, flying to Itally, and now... I knit... I feel like an 80 year old woman living in a 20-year-old body... Soon I will be clipping coupons, eating yogurt, surrounded by my 500 cats...
But I suppose there is still hope... I am not dead yet, and can't really say that my life's adventures are over... just on hold...

On the brighter side... the fair is coming tomorrow... and it is ten feet away, so I might as well go.. Maybe I will be kidnapped by carnies and start a new life...

2 comments:

Sara said...

I think our adventure was pretty exciting. But I didn't get the job.

Miss Clare said...

Well that may be for the best, I doubt if that man on the beach was playing with a full deck... A man with 7 properties, a jewelry business, and a chicken farm... should not be living in a delopodated trailer by the river....
How did the other one go?
The one up north?
Keep trying... You will get it
Laters