Wednesday, August 31, 2005

corky's weekend

Hello. I have spent the last week in Oregon, taking care of business and visiting family and friends.
Well that's nice... Anyways, I was trying to bribe my sister into logging on and telling some funny stories, but she has writer's block... So now it is left up to me to fill in the gaps and make most of it up.... Anyways, I go to pick up my sister from the bus station today... She is standing on the side of the street with a paper bag in her hand. I can only say that the suspense was killing me. For a split second I imagine that she had not forgotten about me entirely and brought me a small gift... Anything, a card, a hug... But no, not for me, nothing. She explains that her friend had given her some dried, garden variety herbs; namely rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Less than thrilling, but I was happy for her none the less.
She goes on to tell me how crazy the grey hound bus is... Like I need any explanation, I have been there myself.
She tells me that she really lucked out this time, getting on the short bus with the rest of the rejects only to be discovered with an empty seat by a crazy lady that was less than clean. As usual, Corky plays off into her own little world, protected by her ipod and talent for ignoring just about anything... The lady starts mumbling about how bad her teeth are, which are probably nothing compared to her aroma... Corky just nods and smiles and turns back to her music and the sanctuary of her dried herbs. I have to admit it must have been a sight to see her turn to the woman and then begin to take deep gasps into a paper bag, hell they probably thought she was hyperventalating, or attempting to lose the hick ups... this goes on for some time until the latest vagabond is all but avoidable, with blood spilling out of her mouth onto her hands... Corky is quietly suffering, thinking that someone must be taping this for Jack Ass and that this can't really be happening... It was like a scene out of Mulon Rouge, with the main character in the end discovering that she has tuberculosis and is on her way out the door... The way this lady was looking, the ebola virus was a more likely culprit... At any rate I do not recommend riding the grey hound for any reason or under any circumstances... In the end it is never worth it, and any money saved over driving will inevitably be lost to a therapist in years to come.

No comments: