Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekly Update

Impressed to have actually lived up to the title of this post and gotten my latest entry in on time...
School choice wet just fine, and the kids did a great job of being wonderful examples...
Each time we saw feet approaching the doors, I would throw a smile at my class and they all put on their best smiles and waited to greet the latest tour...
In other news my classes reached their first goal for good behavior and earned a day off...
In the usual fashion, we put all the equipment away and busted out the karaoke setup.
I only heard one person from the room next to us pound on the walls, signifying that we weren't too crazy.
We had a great time, and I am happy that we have the chance to do fun things to recognize the students...
Everyone needs a break once in a while, and it is fun to let the students see what happens when they use their time well and work together...

Every time I head through the checkout line with all of my supplies, someone always asks where I work, since it is obvious we are going to have a blast.

The latest installment of HTML and schience went well, though there was a bit of a turf war over the space...
Turned out that there was an employment conference in the same building and that the science class had been 86ed to a new building on account of the trails of slime that ended up being tracked all over the building...

This week we worked on creating media for our sites, and showed the students super fun tables...
I crack up thinking about it... I gather the class in close and tell them that we are about to learn about ordered lists... Their eyes light up as they get their fingers ready to try the latest tip...
One of the students informed their family that they now plan to drop out of school and do professional web design as a career.

Past all that,
I finally finished my paper for my upcoming renewal...
I am a little leery about the process since there is so much pressure to get everything in on time... From what I have heard from other teachers, it should be a simple process, with the main idea being you send $100 to the powers that be every three years...
I spent a good part of my afternoon fighting with the archaic fax machine that lives in our school office...
After five attempts to send a twenty page document to another state, I was feeling a little slighted by the contraption... Inches from pulling an office space move and with bat on hand, it finally went through...
So I should be done with the next step in the process soon and move on with the final mailings...
Props going out to Liz for being my cheer leader and helping me answer the silliest questions...
I really appreciate all the patience and not blocking my frequent calls...

Warming Wings
Ripples
Sitting Duck
Reflective Pool with Logs
Ripple
Duck 1

Last of all, after the blur of the week and weekend have passed, I made it outside and have evidence to prove it...
Most of them are ducks and puddles, but they are my dcks and puddles, and I like them.
So you will have to check out the latest...

No comments: