Saturday, February 06, 2010

Week in Review

Welcome back folks, we are still alive and kicking in the Gardner House...

This week I have just stated a new term of classes with my students and so far it looks like a good batch...
I have one class that was accidentally loaded with ten wonderful children... There was a glitch in scheduling and my ten were all that weren't moved.
I am looking forward to the projects we'll be able to create...

In other news, this week I had the opportunity to teach a class for the Eugene Education Association... It was a two hour session on communication tools, and was held in my own classroom.

I was told there would be around thirty people signing up for the workshop and that they would be getting credit for being there as part of a continuing education series...

The final count was thirty-eight... with people crammed in all along the tables and windows...

I think the event went great.

As usual, with a limited amount of time and users from all levels of expertise, it is often hard to gage what the participants will be successful with. I introduced some of my favorite tools, and the time went by pretty fast for me...

I like doing trainings...

I really get a kick out of sharing.

This is kind of a surprise when I think of how I would have felt giving such an event as a younger version of myself.
I was never a shy person, but I think it would have been pretty intimidating.

At any rate, this weekend will be getting ready for the next round and trying to get control of my living room.

No comments: