Monday, March 23, 2009

A Day Without Interruption

I know this is supposed to be my Spring Break and all...
But more than anything I have found that the time I have free now has been spent on all the little things that fell to the wayside throughout a busy work week... And that left to my own accord, I am most inclined to just get things done...

My day:
Made breakfast... a stunning display of scrambled eggs, french bread, and veggies...

Delivering cookies... I spent the previous day baking over a hundred cookies and handing them out to various deserving recipients... I gave the first 60 to all of my neighbors... and a few people wandering in the parking lot.
The rest went to the tireless workers from down town... They don't get a break, so I thought it would be good to help them out.

Off to work: I left all the cd's that we made for Super Saturdays in my classroom along with a brochure that had all the course listings for renuing my teaching license... So I swung by and saw that all the office staff were still in session too...

Back to the house to get more cookies... And then back to school to give another batch away...

Kinko's: color copying 27 hand crafted illustrations onto Avery Label paper... (Make the Lie Come True)
I had done an ice breaker with the kids where I had them create "Bumper Stickers" about themselves...
They asked about them on a daily basis... So I put in my time and made it happen...

Jamba Juice: New favorite thing... Banana Berry...

Bed Bath and Beyond: to get my coveted cookie dispenser thing...
Lately while dabbing dough out onto my waiting parchment paper, I have found that doling out 1 table spoon globs is quite taxing and even managed to injur myself in the process...
So in a Gone with the Wind like manner, I promised myself I would never scoop out dough by hand again...
Instead I found a fun little contraption for $3.99 that would take all the work out of the process...

Borders: bought another two books from David Sedaris, learned that his sister also writes...
And confirmed that I am supremely bad at math...
I see on the counter and door that there is a sale for educators...
25% off
I do the math in my head and walk up to the counter...
$22 please...
Stunned I look at the woman, forgeting where I was and that I ever had a purse...
What was that? I asked...
Too funny... She should have known and not even needed to see any formal documentation as to my employment...
She looked a little worried...
But I made it out alive...

Oil Change: it only took 45 minutes and a hundred dollars... but I got everything that wasn't tied down and a few things that were replaced.... and finally have a little closure on why my wiper fluid never goes down....
A large man in a bow tie informed me that the line had been cut...
This spawned a whole line of crazy ex-boyfriend jokes...
They said that if he was trying to cut the brake line he must have been confused... I pointed out that intelligence was not a prerequisite, and that this factor might have contributed to the end of the relationship...
At any rate, with a little duct-tape I might be in business again soon...
I liked watching the guy under the car on the video camera... I caught him dancing and grabbing at the guy above him's feet a few times...
Money well spent...

Good Will: I was on a mission to find tins for sending off cookies...
But instead I walked away with two different video adapters, a new purple Pyrex gem, two bowls, five tins, and a cake baking set.

Filled up the tank: had a lovely conversation with the attendant who informed me that she doesn't drive... and instead has her friends deposit her at remote locations...
I know people who chose not to drive, but none that made it sound that shady in such a short amount of time.

Albertsons: just getting the essentials for the next batch...

Cooking: in 5 min. I will have another 60 to give away....

Next up: distributing cookies in the cover of night...
If you think you might be getting some, you are on my list.

No comments: