Monday, September 01, 2008

Stupid Snake

I just saved the most uncooperative garden snake I have ever seen... As I ramble on to Cassandra I pass by a small battle between a little snake and a particularly bouncy cat...
I run the cat off like five times in a row before returning home to retrieve my trust butterfly net, a sweet score from the dollar store that has otherwise proven worthless... You couldn't catch a thing with that if you tried...
So I put the net over the snake... no dice, snake is not moving...
So I poke it with a plant... still no dice..
So I return to the house to get a spoon and come across my trusty snake poking pencil on the coffee table...
So with phone still pressed between my ear and shoulder, I prod the silly creature into the net...
Good times...
So I suppose that was my good deed for the day and I am off the hook and hopefully redeemed after watching a house go up in flames while sipping a chai tea... We will see.

No comments: