Monday, April 27, 2009

Week in Review

So I have been slipping lately on the posting...

Summing things up for the extended week:
Sedaris was awesome... the two hours flew by before we knew it.
Kristy from Bandon just got her arm cast off after a little mishap with a ski slope,
further ingraining my belief that instructors are purely out to get you and have the "wammie" effect in whatever area of expertise they take on.

I baked another 50 cupcakes and found some new followers...

Got an awesome letter from Diana today...
Right around my birthday I run outside in the cold to check my mail. Not anticipating anything coming my way I am thrilled as a large package spills out of my cramped mailbox. A large manilla envelope with my name, and just in time... Surely my first gift.
I rush inside to reveal it's contents, only to find 300 sheets of origami paper and a short list of instructions, along with a note, outlining that the paper butterflies are for Diana's wedding and to store them in a plastic bag...
This came as a slight disappointment, due to the timing of it all... And I thought to myself, well sure, I guess I was just planning on crying alone in my apartment, surely this will occupy my time between drinks.

So today I get a package, similar to the one before with a few intricately scrolled captions on it,
"I know you are in the mood to fold another 200 butterflies,
Get crackin!,
Ye Haw!,
Origami is FUN!,
Hope your nimble fingers aren't tired!...
ORIGAMI Central...

I will have to admit, she really had me going, and a gloom was just settling in as I opened the package to find a pair of earrings and a necklace...

In other news, today was the start of my fresh new batch of students... This new crew will be with me till the end of the year...
We are in the honeymoon phase... where most of the students are unfamiliar with me and are waiting it out to do something truly horrible until they have tested the water...
I anticipate the fun to really get started tomorrow or the next day, after I have unleashed them on the halls with thousands of dollars worth of equipment and stand back...

I will keep you posted...
Banana Bread's done, time to do it all again.

No comments: