Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Vacuum.... Any minute now...

So I am sure I will be over it as soon at it arrives,
but today my roomba will be coming in the mail.

A large box with a little robot that will not be long for this world.

It seems counter productive, but I am planning on cleaning the house before it arrives...

Many people end up cleaning before professionals come in. It's a way of demonstrating that you don't really need the help and that you are not incapable of doing a dish on your own.

In this case the pre-clean is out of necessity since many of my things would probably either choke the little roomba, or send it in circles, not knowing where to go.

It is an odd little creature, and I have been planning on it for a long time...
It's name is Eva, and it is going to live under the green chair in my living room.

I am still deciding if it will be allowed in the kitchen, but am willing to let it try if it wants to.

I plan to set it to clean in the morning, around when I get up, so I can trip over it, and wander of to work complaining about how I tripped over my darn roomba again...

In actuality, I will probably have trouble even starting it up, and be overwhelmed with the instruction manual...

We will see what we will see and I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Mr. Burns said...

Shouldn't you name it WALL-E?

xxxxxxx said...

I don't know I think I would personally be creeped out by a little robot. It would certainly give me nightmares.

Cass

Miss Clare said...

Eva is the girl robot, and Wall-e was taken by an iPhone...
But after watching it more closely, it reminds me of Cartman when he dresses up as Awesome-O.
So we will see what sticks.

And Cass, I do have nightmares about the robot, mostly that it will shatter the fish tank, and I will come home to find the evil dirt devil proudly hiding under his chair, chewing on my gold fish.

That or he will go nuts like my little bunny did, and in the same way will lodge itself under my bed, leaving me to swing at it repeatedly with the handle of a broom.