Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week in Review

Hey there,
I have fallen off the wagon, and it seems that the topic of all my posts as of late have been on my lack of posting...
But I suppose that is better than nothing at all...

This week I have started a new round of classes and met my newest batch of students...
So far so good. We are still in the honeymoon phase where they are slowly testing the limits and seeing what will fly.

The first thing I had my new students do was to write me a letter and tell me more about themselves... I had the opportunity to read through the first batch and found out some very interesting facts about my groups... I found out that many of them have chickens and interesting home lives, some of their families own businesses, and a few of them are thrilled to have a change of pace and be in a new class...

I have also started a new term of video productions and am quite sure that this group will be keeping me on my toes, as demonstrated by the first day of filming and a group that has already announced that they have finished the first project and are ready for a new one...
Of course they are not done, and I will go into all of the tedious little steps that are required before completion, but it is just great to see that I have a batch of students that are chomping at the bit and trying to torture me so early on...

In other news I am all set for my upcoming dental experience and have signed up to have my class commandeered by a veteran sub who I am sure will fine that my students are a thrilling group to behold.

Other than that this weekend I will begin my latest side project of helping other schools to get their equipment up and running. This will entail heading out to schools on the weekends and getting their equipment reimaged and ready for the year that is very much underway.

This week we received our latest batch of laptops and will be using them to replace teacher machines with the newest models and pass their old machines back onto the students to help classes have a higher ratio of machines and do more interactive projects...

That is all... Signing off...

No comments: