Sunday, November 08, 2009

Absent Minded Baking

I have been trying to get back into the kitchen to create anything these days, and have been sliding off the radar after each attempt. So today, I am trying to focus a little more time to this small feat and accomplish anything at all...

Aiming small with the modest goal of no less than 160 cookies, and that is all they are going to get...

In other news, I messed up royally at work the other day...
I blame my phone and inept assistants...
I knew that I had a class to teach down town, like I do most weeks...
So in preparation I printed out all me handouts and reviewed the topics to be taught.
All seemed ready to go and I reached my class with time to set up and get started...
I distributed the handouts and got going with no troubles...
Only half way through the class one of the members mentioned that she had thought we would be covering podcasting... I informed her that we were learning about podcasting, just through some new mediums, such as cell phones and video conferencing, and recommended that she sign up for my class that specifically covers the basics of recording and publishing... She apologized for not reading the course description more carefully and in the end, everyone had a nice time and walked away learning some new things...

So one of my teachers at school asks if I would be available to help her after school, and I tell her that I will check my calendar and see if I am free or teaching another class downtown...
You can imagine my surprise when I see the class I taught last week scheduled for next Tuesday....

Yup, you guessed it, I taught the wrong class and the lady that had seemed so confused by the handouts had been right... The class that I recommended for her had actually been the one she signed up for...

Well that was a first and I will be sure to take my calendar out of agenda mode to make sure that doesn't happen again...

The bright side is that I am definitely ready for this week's class and that everyone learned something new weather they meant to or not...

Whoops.

No comments: