Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exciting Happenings on a Monday Afternoon

Yeah, I come home after a long day at work, walk in the door and am immidiately overwhelmed by the smell of burning plastic that has engulfed my living room. Why not... So I have been noticing the faint fragrance of fumes over the past few weeks and casually searched for the source... The usual routine is to wander over to the thermostat and turn off the heater that has been running all day as usual....

I get up and leave early so many times I am not around in the mornings and these things happen...
So today I do the usual inspection and see a basket of blankets is pretty close to the heater... So I investigate a little further and pull the basket away from the wall... Only to have the front panel of the heater rip from the wall and crash onto the ground in an explosion of melted plastic and strings...

Good times... So I decide to call it a day and walk away...
The situation was under control and I was too tired to deal with it presently, so I did what I usually do when averting catastrophic disasters.... I got in my car, and went shopping... Just for dinner and a few things for the house...

but yeah, a day later, and the plastic remains, even though the basket of flammable items is gone...
Ok, it is all still sitting there waiting for me to forget and do it again.

So renters insurance is back at the top of the list of things to get again...

Good times.

No comments: