Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Door 2 Points Kellyclare Nothing

So I had a rough day yesterday....
I finally gave up and went to bed....

After a long day of meetings and planning, I stopped by downtown to return my barrowed equipment and get things organized.
I was thrilled to see all of my favorite people and catch up on everyone's Summer...
On the way out the door, carrying a tub of cameras... I didnt move fast enough and some how... in an amazing display of skill and agility I managed to catch the back of my right ankle on the closing door... And lacking the sense to manuver my way free in any reasonable amount of time I ended up savagely cutting my leg....
Never detured from great conversation... I insisted on carrying on as if the whole incident had never taken place....
Not missing a beat I continued to talk, with the occational tear welling up, and finally had to admit that I should probably go and stop bleeding in the parking lot...
I recieved the usual looks and of course the assuring... "You would, only you Kellyclare... Could find a way to hurt yourself on a door"
So I proceded home, to an empty house to find that no one cared... Grabbed my Bactine spray and got back in the car in search of sympathy and a band-ade, or at this point a turnicate, since that is what it felt like I needed....

So I was greeted with open arms at Autumn's house, where after much sobbing and prodding, I finally rinsed off my mildly abraised ankle and proceeded into the living room... Where Autumn was standing by like a good friend with the Bactine in hand, intent on helping me whether I liked it or not... After running barefoot in the parking lot trying to dodge the bursts of pain that came with the sprays of Bactine, Autumn laughing and yelling as she had to corner me to disinfect the minute injury... After even less concern I got my band-aid and began moving on, uttering the ocassional whimper in search of sympathy.... No luck...

So after searching the local thrift stores for Scandanavian atire, in preparation for my recent employment in a fiberglass lemon at the Festival... I returned home... Only to walk into a different door and completely slam my face into the plywood. I had to go out of my way to accomplish this feet... Reaching for a towel with one hand and swiftly opening the door with the other... The end effect was a large welt over my left eyebrow that immidiately made me look like a Klengon from Star Trek... And also had the added bonus of raising my eyebrow to the degree that I looked intensly intrigued with everything...

So out I went, sitting on my porch, laughing and crying at the same time, not believing that I had been assaulted by the same innanament object twice in one day...

I resigned to fall asleep with a bag of frozen blueberries on my face, only to realize that all too soon, I would be facing my new staff and have to explain how their new hiree managed to walk into a door twice, and then convince them that I was not as incompetent as I might appear....

So moral of the story, get more sleep and never try to do 3 things at once when gracefully exiting in front of a crowd...

Good times....

No comments: