Thursday, August 09, 2007

Aimlessly Wandering Autzen Stadium

I thought I would make up for the lack of posts till I fall asleep, so I will go further into detail on my thrilling adventures...

So while conversing with my new collegues in a meeting of the minds, one of our new teachers mentions a wonderful opportunity to raise funds for our new school.

Selling Sausages at Autzen Stadium during the home football games...

Being a well rounded and educated being, well actually being the one sitting next to the only one to volunteer I found myself the second in command in yet another vending adventure... With my first duty being to sit in on an intense crash course in vending.

First we had to find the place... Given the simple direction of "Gate 6" at seven PM. How hard could it be?
Show up, sit down, and learn more that I could handle on the delecate art of handing intoxicated college students sausages... Sounded simple enough...

So my new accompliss and I set the plan to meet up and charge the gates... Only one problem... All the gates are locked and no one has the slightest idea where the stupid meeting is... So we take off, setting accross the pavement, intent on making the show on time... I joked that we should give up, knowing that between the two of us, we would never find it in time....

So we wander around the campus, hoping that security would take interest eventually with no luck...

We stood in front of what we would later find as the only open gate on the premisiss and asked for directions, only to be led on a journey around the entire compound to end up right back where we started from... Good times... So after a brisk walk, we assended the endless stairs to find this ellusive location... Wandering around the stadium, mumbling and panting incoherent ramblings about hotdogs... We trekked around forever.... up and down the floors, joking about how entrusted with america's future, we couldnt find a simple office...

Finally we found the only esculator and wandered in 40 minutes late to an hour and a half presentation...

After sitting through the remainder of the overzealious Oscer Myer motivational speaker, I had enough.... I raided the soda bin and wandered to the elevator, loosing feeling in my limbs from the overwhelming cold induced by my own greed....

So now I am enjoying the fruits of my pillaging and sipping my Hansen's Smoothy with a sense of satisfation that only comes from ditching half a meeting and wandering off with all I can carry...

Good times...

Coming to a hotdog stand near you....
Be nice, you never know who's teacher will be serving your food...

No comments: