Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday, Woo Whoooo

Well today was great... I stood in the same spot for 9 hours straight and contructed 270-some odd kits. Which is better than yesterday, when I made 240... So I guess I am getting better at it. The girl next to me only made 217, so good for me. The big lady said I was doing good, but the skinny one with the lisp said it want good enough... I dont really care, I love hearing her talk to us... It is hard to be condecending with a speech impediment... ha ha... (we are always, like, what was that... could you say it again?) Muuu waaa ha ha...
In other news, the computer is back up and running, so whoopdy do... The optical drive up and died on my with two months left on my warrranty, and with the little ding on the side, I'm sure they wouldnt have covered it anyway... But the powers that be fixed by themselves, five restarts later, and the damn thing is fine... Who knew... but I have the sinking suspicion that this is an indication that more troubles are on the way and that renuing my warranty is going to be a good plan...
Other than that, I had my visitor open and checking and savings account at Washington Mutual, to get her on her way to independence. Next week we will work on getting her license and finding her a beater car to play with....
This is my side project, in return, she pokes me with a stick so I make it to work on time... good deal...
We got paid today, and $40 went to taxes, I need to go back in there and redo that form to show me as exempt... I qualify, why should they take all my check for nothing... grrrr...
Anyways.... other than that, Cassandra is coming down for the weekend, sushi and movies are planned, and I will get back on top of my knitting... What a thrilling life I lead....
That and there was a humungous thunder storm last night... It killed my answering machine and took out all my important messages... I am reconsidering the back up battery move... it might just be a good plan. I of course, sleep like the dead and didnt hear a thing even though it was all going on right outside with the windows open...
Back to doing nothing...
Talk to you later
KC

No comments: