Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ketchup Sandwiches

Raising two baby girls at 53 could not have been an easy task but the things I look back on now, which I thought were normal now seem a little unique.
Dad would send us to school with balogne and ketchup sandwhiches...sure that sounds fine, but no 6 year old's lunch would be complete with out a papaya, a whole papaya mind you. So try to imagine the scene... I show up to school, lunchbox in hand, without the faintest hope that anyone will be trading me for a lunchable today, sit down, open my box to find a puddle of ketchup and what's left of a sandwich that has been completely smashed beyond recognition by the gigantic papaya. Keep in mind that my only option now is to slam the oversized fruit on the table in hopes that someone would notice my struggle and give me a ginzu knife or something...

No comments: