Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sincerest Apologies to the Smallest of Things

This morning I hurt something and someone in a careless act and wanted to express my deepest apology, though I know it will never be heard.
This morning, while getting ready for work, I came upon a small spider in my shower.
Though it was a tiny little creature, which I would have usually enlisted the assistance of others to remove, I found myself in a predicament with no one around to assist me...
With no one to call upon, I took it upon myself to remedy the issue single handedly and found some difficulty in resolving the situation...
I attempted to capture the creature... though it had done more than it's fair share to get out of my way... clinging to the inside of the shower curtain, in a modest attempt not to be a burden or inconvenience to me...
Sadly, being short on time, I did not heed it's gesture and went out of my way to remove it...
with a soggy piece of cardboard and small glass I attempted to catch it, and in the act accidentally dismembered the creature, tearing off one of it's legs...
The silent captive writhed in what I assumed was much distress and pain, with it's severed limb clinging from under the glass, and still pulsating with the fading glimps of connection with it's former friend.
I felt bad about it all day, and thought I would do my best to apologize and explain that I wish my little intruder no ill will and that I hope the little accident will not inhibit it's long life and future scampering...

I am sorry little spider,
please forgive my haste, I should have taken the time to be kind to you, I am sorry.

No comments: