Thursday, November 20, 2008

Post 721, but who's counting anymore..

So today was a pretty cool one...
I woke to my alarm at 6:10 as usual, and then realized something completely out of the ordinary had happened...
I actually got out of bed without the usual ritual of starring off into space and smacking the alarm repeatedly before finally starting my day. I coincidentally had gone to bed at a reasonable hour for the first time in forever, which was the simple explanation...

But I found myself wide awake with hours of time on my hands...
I didn't know what to do with myself, and ended up putting away all the dishes, cooking breakfast, making coffee for myself and the snoozing guest on my couch and really enjoyed the morning...

Off I went to what would be the rest of a stellar day...
I did make the realization that on account of a tech training I had done the night before (which went great!) I accidentally left my teaching laptop at home... So with the clock counting down until my classes began I jumped in the car and flew home...
Opening the door to find Autumn sitting in front of the machine in question... I apologized profusely as I closed the lid and ran out the door... Back in time to get more coffee and get rolling...

A few key munchkins were out of my class today, the really talkative ones, and I was happy to find that all of my classes went sooooo well... We even got class points for positive attitudes... like when I said one class (which was heavily prompted and encouraged) was getting an extra two minutes of keyboarding time, and they all cheered like they had won the sweepstakes...

Oh it was awesome... I really wish I could have more days like today, where I have nothing but great things to say about the little ones and everyone really did their best...

Anyways, that was just a great way to spend the day...
And then I was off to teach first graders how to podcast, before setting up for a nice long staff meeting where we got to hang out with our art teacher and have some fun...

Now off to another 2 hour meeting and then back to bed...

Nothing profound, just a run down on my day.

No comments: