Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back up the Truck

I come home and as usual inquire,
"Good God what is that smell?"
Usually it is the latest science project gone awry in the kitchen...
This time... Babies...
We just got our new neighbors and the verdict is in...
Babies, and possibly more than one...
The diaper Genie is already stinking up the parking lot and thoughts of which room will be graced with the late night acoustic screams of childhood are racing through my mind.
Looking longingly at the sweet wireless sound system I spent so much time installing and thoughts of dust collecting on the speakers make me sink lower and lower into my couch.
I have only met one of them, but already I know we can never be friends.
I prayed it would be anything else...
As if I don't already sleep too little...
This will be the end of me.

No comments: