Monday, August 28, 2006

Week Three

Lets see...6th of August... now the 28th, 2 more to go till I can walk.... In the mean time I have made huge progress... I can now move 4 out 5 toes and have gracefully mastered the arts of driving and indipendantly showering without drowning myself. Other accomplishments to be noted include returning to work, putting a bell on my crutches, and adding a Nalgege Bottle to the list of things hanging around my kneck.

Other than that, my world is going in slow motion... the only things that are going fast are the approaching dates coinciding with past due bills... Not looking good... I paid the lights and the cable, but the phone is next... then the rent, and the car, and the loans... but since I am such a unique being when it comes to odds, I could probably win the lottery. Though I recognize that lottery games serve more as an I.Q. test and a tax for stupidity instead of for entertainment purposes.

I love whatching the debt consolidation comercials... When asked how they coped with their mounting bills people gave some interesting responses: I used to put a pillow on my face and scream, I used to cry myself to sleep at night, I refused to open them... That is kinda the way I deal with them too... I only open ones marked with a red star and immidiately lose them there after... And for the life of me I can't keep my loans straight, so many of them, and even the bill collectors mix up their names...

Well at least I am working... One thing at a time...
Now back to my main focus... Wiggle your big toe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Uma's making progress...look out, Bill(s)!

Have you noticed that having a leg in a cast causes people to stare at your toes? I don't get the attraction, myself. It's enough to wash them without needing to worry that the pedicure may be a bit overdue. It's tempting to scramble a 4 letter word and paint the letters on the affected toes for the entertainment of onlookers. Or yourself, depending on the word...