Friday, July 21, 2006

Ding Dong My Camp is Done

Yes, yesterday was the final showdown for my class. The parents came to see some of the final projects their children had created and I spent my time wildly trying to burn CD's and finish the year book. That was a total fiasco. The students had made all the finishing touches on their book, but the sheer number of pages made organization a nightmare. Trying to apply a coherent order to the final project was fun... I was afraid of forgetting pages and having students return home to realize their work had not made it in.
I had a great visit from my favorite parent, where she complained that my class was not enough about bugs... Which was interesting, since at the beginning of the class she had stated that her child had previously taken a bug class and would be much more engaged with the computer side of the class. Well regardless of expectations, the course description clearly stated that this class would be focusing on the world seen through a bug's eye view, referring to the microscopes that would be bringing our surroundings into a new level.
All in all I feel that the class was a success, the students learned many new skills, created power points, keynotes, pages, inspiration, kidspiration, and garage band projects, as well as using digital cameras and proscope microscopes. They gained fine motor skills related to navigating with a mouse, understanding of many new programs and so much more...
Had lots of fun, nice to have a break.
Laters

No comments: