Friday, June 23, 2006

This is Just Sad....

You know what... I actually hurt myself playing Frisbee Golf, you heard me... The one with the little plastic discs that fly through the air... I mean, it doesn't get much more pathetic than that... I used to give my sister a hard time after she ended up in the emergency room from a game of badmitten... (no, that's still good, never letting that go) but now I have my own ridiculous injury story...

Anyways, the 5 of us are showing off our new skills, I am consistently miles off in the wrong direction with every new throw... Other than the apparent lack of skill from the group as a whole, excluding Diana, who is a Frisbee master, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary... So how is it, that I could possibly hurt myself?? You throw the thing and go pick it up, doesn't sound to high impact to me...
So we are almost off the course, I throw the thing... It disappears, and then I can't feel my leg...
I am limping like a wounded dog in a Western film, waving my arm, dragging my leg, and whispering..."Just go on without me, I'll be fine"
All four of them were on the ground crying by the time we got to the next hole... Apparently, this was not a common occurrence.

Now whenever Autumn invites me outside, I say I can't cause I don't want my old golf injury to flare up...

Sad...

Frisbee Crew

2 comments:

xxxxxxx said...

That's pretty fucking pathetic. But having seen your tennis and frisbee skills I completely understand how this happened! Of course, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!! LOL. Prehaps this is the cosmos' way of telling us to stick to ping-pong.

I hope camp is going well. I'm currently roasting my ass off in Sacramento. I might melt into a puddle by mid-morning. I'm headed to Berkeley this afternoon to see Radiohead. Then it's San Francisco tomorrow. It's also happens to be gay pride weekend in the city. Which equals: MAJOR PARTY. I'm excited.

Wish you were here.

Cass

P.S. Are you ready to jump out of a plane!! Only a month away. I totally need to come visit in the next xouple of weeks. I sense a beach trip, ice cream and canoeing are in store.

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs at least one embarrassing injury story. I'd tell you mine (the one I remember though there are, no doubt, several others)but it's too embarrassing. Hope your dangling limb is reattached and on the mend. If all else fails, the ability to outrun your students would come in handy. What grades do you have?