Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Is This a Bad Sign

I saw a police officer bust a lemonade stand... The kids had their illegal operations stationed on the corner of 24th and Friendly. The cop saw the kids, waving their signs and drinks, under their rainbow umbrella and immediately saw through the front. These kids, all of 7-8 must have been operating some illegal drug ring... You would have thought it, at seeing how fast the officer turned his bike around and went after them. I guess the deadlines for quotas are coming up fast, and no one, not even the little ones, will be left out...

In other news, I have finally finished taking down my lab, putting everything thing neatly in it's place... (for those of you who know me, it will come as no shock that I swept everything off my desk, into a box, that will never see the light of day again.) This is my version of cleaning, and it suits me just fine. I used to try, put things into alphabetical order, label things, fold... But then I realized organized clutter, consisting of piles of documents in chronological order was just as effective. Seeing as I would never be able to find anything ever again anyway, why waste the time of organizing it. Point and case: the last time I had a cleaning party at my house, face masks were not optional...

anyways, I begin my Super Summer camp this week, orientation tomorrow, and the classes begin on Monday. I am very excited for the chance to do some hands on activities with the kids. We are really going to go all out... I have some equipment that would rival most CSI teams. We will be using digital microscopes, laptops, cameras and so much more. I hope everything goes well... The first few days will help me gauge the course of the term for my kids... Though there will never be a shortage of activities... Oh no... I only hope we have enough time to get everything done... We will see what we will see....

Laters
KC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the cop was just thirsty? Did he have his gun drawn? Perhaps the little entrepreneurs failed to get their food handlers permits or get a business license. That explains it...
Super Summer camp sounds cool. I think Evan went to it back in the olden days.
When I was a grade schooler, the summer options were: read, ride bikes, climb trees, chase the cows (rural princess that I was), lie in the grass and watch the clouds. Then by the ripe age of 12, picking strawberries and beans for school clothes $.
I wondered what you do in the summer when school's out. My friend who's a school nurse (Sheldon student health center) is so very busy not working all summer...geez. I'm jealous! Here it is late June and I still just have weekends to live for!

Miss Clare said...

Well if you get bored and miss interacting with munchkins, feel free to take a cruise to our kneck of the woods...
Maybe we could get them all out in the feilds picking berries as a field trip/fundraiser...
I think there will be an on site sweat shop somewhere, having the kids make bird houses or something...

I could always teach the kids how to make soccer balls...

And yes, I presume the children were operating a business without a permit, and planning on not claiming their proffits to the IRS. I am sure he had his junior cuffs on him, and that they will be penalized accordingly...

What a world, not like it used to be...

xxxxxxx said...

That's shameful to say the least. Poor little kids. Do you think he would have busted them if they were selling doughnuts instead??

P.S. Lemonade stands remind me of the Addam's family!

Miss Clare said...

Are they made from real lemons?