Thursday, June 30, 2005

Welcome to The CD Shack!!

I got a Job!!!! Yes, I now have a masters degree in education, and am working for $7.50!!! Read em and weep boys. My father is so proud of me. He said he was on the verge of tears and couldnt wait to tell his friends and neighbors.
Yes, you are looking at Timeless Music's newest employee. I stand in a hot warehouse stacking cases of CD's and pushing them down a conveyer belt. Dad says this should be right up my alley, as I have always been good at pushing people and things away. Ha. Other than that I stock DVD Box sets with Walter Kronkite, who ever that is, and make Elvis CD's by the hundreds. I am joined in the bliss of minimum wage slavery with 12 other sad story women, most of which are riding the bus and working thier scheduled shifts around parole meetings.
One of the perks of this job is that we are aloud to drink water and use the bathroom, a luxery not afforded by my last job at the fuzzy factory. The CD Shack is a vast improvement from the fuzzy factory, though I will miss the harry tits and beard that came with the hot sun and endless amounts of aspestos-like black fuz. I was coughing that crap up for weeks after I quit and will never forget the look I got from the kid next to me at the stoplight when I looked over and smiled with my latest mustach... I must have looked like Hitler. Why not...
Anyway I will tell you if we get anything good... chances are slim. We make the "classic" hard to find music. (most people probably arent looking for most of it, but we make it by the millions just the same) We are the primary suppliers for Costco and Walmart, so I can tell you with complete confidence that it is the same shit in a different box. So far three people's cars have died in the parking lot this week and the factory is a comfortable 80 degrees inside with fans going. I have also been reintroduced to my favorite machine... the mangler, so named for the wonderfully explicit image on the side of themachine: a hand that is being pulled through a gear shaft and having fingers mamed and amputated at the same time... quite the accomplishment. This thing sucks in DVDs and your hand if you arent on guard, wraps it in plastic, cuts it in half (ocasionally snaping Walter Cronkite in half on accident) and shrink wraps it before spitting it out at me... good times. Most of the time I am just building CD cased and adding the disks, but sometimes if I am really lucky, I get to fold paper inserts for 3 hours at a time...
I will keep you posted if anyone looses a finger... Oh and by the way, when we put the CD's in the cases we arent allowed to touch them so all the employees have to where mini condoms on thier finders... I was laughing my ass off, they look like something you would by at a novelty shop for a joke. I was kind of confused when I saw them but guess you can never be to safe... I dont know... If anyone wants one for a joke I can hook you up...
laters

3 comments:

Mr. Burns said...

Walter Cronkite was the Anchor for CBS News before Dan Rather replaced him. He covered the Moon landing and the Vietnam War. And he's one of my role models.

Why the hell would he be on a DVD box set?

Miss Clare said...

I have no idea... I think he is doing something on World War II... The other set is Tom Brokaw on "The Greatest Generation"...
Would you like me to grab you on if a stray passes by? We make them by the million. Most of our stuff is total crap... The Title to this entry is a link to the company page... Check out the crappy website and see if there is anything that you want. I get an employee discount. I should, I make the damn things... : )

Katie V said...

Way to be employed. lol. um. cds are cool?