Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dinner with Autumn

So last evening I headed out with Autumn to catch up and split a burger...
We arrived at our destination and were carded at the door before being seated at our table...
We then began perusing the menu while waiting for our waitress...who carded us again...
She stood waiting for our drink selections, as I flipped the menu over back and forth, looking for my options...
She looked down at me and said, "You looking for drinks? You won't find them there..." and pointed to the special leaflet.
I asked if she had anything like tea...
She said, "Sure, we've got tea with peach vodka, mango vodka, vanilla vodka, we can do what ever you like..."
After a few impatient moments and a clear look of confusion on my part, Autumn finally speaks up and asks me, "Did you just want tea?"
Which was the correct answer...
The lady apologized for trying so hard to push the booze on us and wandered away...
I just thought it was funny that the idea of a regular drink was unheard of and she seemed mystified by the proposal.

No comments: