Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Taxes

So this week I am trying to be on top of things, clean the house get my act in gear in time for Wednesday.
My dad will be making his way to town this coming week. We are looking forward to heading out to the world renown Olive Garden as well as a few other sights in town.
Should be a good time...
In other news, I finished the paper work for renewing my teaching license...
This was the first round for me, though we are required to do this every three years...
The process is a little vague and there are always conflicting stories in regard to what the actual requirements are... In part this is because there are different rules for different groups of people depending on the type of license they hold and the time that they were first issued it. If for example, you were issued a license in the 70's or 80's you are "Grandfathered" from complying to the current requirements, which dictate that you must have passed your state testing from Praxis and CBEST. Those teachers only need to have informal reviews completed by their peers and be showing progress toward continuing education, shown by district professional development units or course credits...
Along with that they need to fill out a form describing the areas they have been improving in...
I get to do the masters level courses route and had to come up with 4.5 credits. The paperwork is pretty confusing.
But at any rate, I drove all the way down to headquarters and dropped it all off...
The main concern of the man behind the counter was to ensure I drafted my check correctly...
Past that he said everything else I turned in looked fine.
I am really glad I made it all the way down there and had them check me off in person. I would have hated to have waited for acknowledgement to find later that I had incorrectly filed...
So that is a big relief and I should receive my new license within the month.
In other news, I recently had a chance to hang out with a few old friends, one I hadn't seen in around ten years...
It was nice to catch up and we made a modest attempt at making sushi, only to mess it up at every turn.
But in the end all went well and we had a great time.

I will keep you posted on the coming week...
Our Apple visit is coming up soon.

No comments: