Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You Got Served


Yeah, today was a good one...
I took an hour off work to talk to the U of O about my 60,000 worth of debt... Set up more of a plan for action, and was getting to feel like I was getting on track...
So I return to the school, right on time, grab 28 GPS units, go skipping out in the sunshine and set them up for the kids. I am marking waypoints in the grass out next to the school, another beautiful day. I get them all set up, show the kids how to use them and let them loose on the field. We then take the class for a walk and let kids see how fast they can run using the gps units. They love it and demand to do it again... I get back to the classroom where I am editing the music list for the Valentine's Day dance tomorrow evening and finish up with students and start working on their final grades for my class. Report card entries are due by Friday... No worries...
I have a meeting at 3:30 and head to the library... Only moments later to be called to the office by our secretary. She tells me a man is wanting to see me... Mid-twenties... I look thoughtful for a moment seeing as I don't know any 20-year old males... I see a young man in a duck hat, I immidiately think it is someone from the Fraternities that I had contacted wanting information about the Irish Festival... No luck... I was just served by Peace Health for an unpaid balance from my surgery....
I thought I had paid those, and had recieved no further contact and considered the matter closed...
Apparently my mail was not reaching the correct address and I was not informed.

No comments: