Friday, May 08, 2009

Cupcakes, Baby Ducks, and Grandma

Last night I did another round of cupcakes..
I made them for David's school since it was teacher appreciation week and I knew that our school could care less...
I ended up bringing about 13 of them to my school too... but they seem jaded with the showering of baked goods...
At his school they were very appreciative and grateful...
So maybe I will just make them for his school from now on.

Grandma left the house early this morning in an ambulance...
Fire trucks and Emergency Response vehicles are nothing new to our little complex, as we share a parking lot with the senior complex next door... I glanced out the window when I heard the trucks beeping loudly as they manuvered out of the lot. I knew what it was before I ever asked... But the neighbors confirmed that Grandma, who is on her way to 90 these days, hasn't been in the best of health, and her daily Dutch Freeze hasn't been helping her situation... So we will hope for the best and see her when she gets back.

Baby ducks on the way...
Some silly little creature has decided to build a nest right under a classroom window in our courtyard...
It seems like a nice enough place to start a family aside from the minimal traffic of the 7th and 8th grade students passing to their next classes... I only hope that the people that are in charge of the mowing will notice the new resident and do well to leave it alone. I am excited with the prospect of having little baby ducklings wandering around, but am secretly anxious that one of our kids will find a way to hurt one...

We will see what we will see...

No comments: