Saturday, October 11, 2008

Corn Maze

KC in the FogDiana and I in the MaizeFootSchool Bus from Hell

So it is around 9:30 in the evening... Sierra has just ran out for the evening, and Diana just rolled in from her brush with Clay Fest. We are sitting idly in the living room, staring blankly at the TV screen as Bridget Jones once again rolls into view. I had been looking for a Corn Maze companion for the past few days and saw my chance...
I go bounding up the stairs with an eerie grin as poor Diana opens the bathroom door with a towel on her head...
Hey Diana, I say... Wanna join me out in the middle of a field wandering around aimlessly in the dark for hours?
She seemed intrigued, so I did a little more selling on the idea and we were on our way...
Which was good since the website clearly outlined that all cars left in the parking lot past eleven would be locked in...
So we found our way to the Lone Pine Corn Maze...
Awesome...
Clinging to each other as we traversed the course, and wandering down one wrong turn after the next.
DIana duly noted that at each sign of peril I was quick to shove her in front of me to avoid detection and dodge certain death. She mentioned that it was to be expected, especially after the last encounter with terror when I shoved Autumn fearlessly into a sea turtle... Not merely to escape, but because I knew how much she liked them... Yeah, that's it... I did it all for her...

No comments: