Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Trivia Night

So I will sum up my funny story in as few words as possible to get back to work and back to sleep...
Autumn drug me out of the house as usual... To Trivia Night at Max's... Where a guy named Ward dresses in high suspended pants, a plaid shirt, equiped with pocket protector and repaired frames.... Bound with tape...
All in all it is a pretty interesting sight... I had the opportunity to talk with Ward about the origin of this event and he said it all came down to finding a way to get people to drink on a Tuesday.... That combined with the fact that it was a College town made the idea seem like it just might work....
He also mentioned his own personal love for trivia made it seem like a worthy and rewarding endevor....
Looking back on it now, he says he has definitely slicked his lust for trivia and now looks at the fact finding art as a bit of a chore....
So that is the background on the event...
So here we are, 4 to a team, with our bowls full of popcorn and pitchers in front of us, straining our ears to hear the latest clues and attempt to put names and artists to obscure clips of sound and beats....
It's a good time...
So I turn to my team mate and do the usual get to know you chit chat... This is a friend I have met before but realized I didnt know much about... So I go about my interview... Occassionally taking notes on the palm of my hand...
He mentioned school, his program, and major... So I wrote down "Tim: Smart Guy"
I mentioned how I dont come out much and can't handle more than two beers... He wrote down, "Kellyclare: Cheap Date"

So we went on with our evening, lost the trivia game to a spectacular degree as always and went off to get some sleep and prepare for the next day....

I awake to find I have blue ink all over my face and arms, an inevetable outcome that we joked about the night before....
Simple enough, we have all encountered similar dilemas... A little soap and no worries....
But apparently not the case today.... after endless scrubbing I am facing the same blue inscriptions I woke up to.... I finally give up and head to work, hoping no one will happen to notice the sloppy handwriting covering the majority of my palms...

Aparently no one noticed...
But I was cracking up thinking that Tim had to go through his whole day with my name and "Cheap date" on his arm... I bet that got some looks....

He later told me that for the most part he was met by jealous glances and that "Cheap Date" had melted into some unrecognisable phrase that resembled "Lap Dance" and that cracked me up too...
Hopefully my name washed away before anyone made the connection....

Good times....

No comments: