Monday, October 22, 2007

Trumping Through the Corn Fields

Yes, covered in mud... A common occurence in these parts... And especially understandable after a night of tromping through the corn fields...
A hillbilly right of passage... Where friends gather together in the feilds with the common goal of navigating through a maze that spans over a mile in length over the better part of an hour... Endless winding turns, paths covered in mud, sheep baaaing in the distance, and the occasional school bus filled with dead people...

Yet another reason to see the fair state of Oregon. So Cassandra, my fugitive stuardess, and I went weaving into the night, navigating through such oddities as a cave filled with smoke that featured a small withered man that would blow a fog horn into your ear as you passed by.... I really didnt see how that was necesary or helpful, but everyone needs to be helping out and I suppose he was doing his part.... I really liked the guy with the chainsaw, he made my day....

So I was happy to have finally experienced this piece of history and know that I will have a great story for the new generations... I will be like my neighbor Katie... Chasing the young down at every turn and regailing them with tales of glory about the way things used to be...

So thankfully I will finally have 3 things to say... "When I was your age.... Gas was 99 cents, movies were a dollar, and we used to run through corn feilds chased by hillbillies with chainsaws..."

KC

No comments: