Saturday, April 22, 2006

This is All I've Got


I'm 22
Originally uploaded by Miss Clare.

A crazy weekend, of doctors, driving, drinking (note the comma, not done together), and concerts... and all without my camera. Yes the most over documented life on record, and on this one day of the year, I have a picture of me, holding a cake, at 2 in the morning...

Slightly sick and tired, but still kicking.

I had a great time, sorry I missed the party with the rest of the April babies... I will try to hit the next one.

I had a drink with my two favorite friends from work, collected Autumn, hopped in the car and made my way up to Portland. From there we went to a Quasi show with Cassandra and were out way too late. It was a very humorous evening.
Her mother reminded me to bring my purse 5 times and I promptly wandered out the door without it... So no bar hopping for me.
We planned on meeting up with Cass' friend Theresa, but she was on the grown up side of the show. We had a clear view of her from our side of the stage and were cracking up by what we saw. I should also mention that there was a filming crew there and we had chosen a spot right behind one of the leads... So anyways, we look over at Theresa and there is a strange man standing to her right who is way too interested in her. He is full on starring at her chest while trying to make light conversation and keeps whispering in her ear trying to get a better look.
She is totally oblivious to the situation and we are cracking up on the other side of the room. She keeps looking at us, giving us strange looks in regard to her new stalker and signs of relief when he leaves her alone. So Autumn and Cass decide to make fun of him and try to let her in on what is going on. (again remember that we are being filmed here) so the next thing I know, Cass and Autumn both have their heads at eye level with my nipples and were proceding to have an in depth conversation with each other through me shirt. I was on the ground laughing, wondering what the filming crew would be thinking when reviewing the tape, and at the potential of making it onto a DVD. At any rate this went on for some time, with many strange looks from the crowd but no moment of clarity for Theresa. She had know idea.

Moving on. The three of us (Autumn, Cassandra, and I) crashed in Cass' new grown up bed... ha ha.
(she finally got rid of her twin at the age of 23...)
Autumn had a ping pong match the next day against portland state and a few other groups. So she gets up at the crack of dawn, starts stretching and we begin ridiculing her on technique and such.

It is a solem scene at the match. No screaming and cheering, no ladies in short skirts with pom poms. No drinking and little talking. A fun way to start off the birhtday events. Cass and I, who have never played, take over an empty table and procede to lauch that little ball in every direction other than eachother... I would hit anything under 7 feet and had a great time. After commending eachother as the best players in the room we moved on.

Next, sushi, bars, and a Dahlia show....
On and on, still trying to get over my cold and move on... Anyways, long story cut off... I was way tired and totally over did it... I still have the cold.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Happy late birthday babe. Sorry for missing it in all the craziness. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy 22nd BIRTHDAY!!! May the fun just keep on happening!
My laptop burst into cyberflames today; unbeknownst to me, it had to be in honor of your special day! At least my lost day's work was for a good cause...

Miss Clare said...

Mama Burns, What happened to your computer?? Is it salvagable? Any diagnostics, last words... What happened to it?

And Sara, you know I am a space caddet, so remind me of our plans...

Anonymous said...

surfing eugene blogs and i found yours, happy b-day!

Anonymous said...

In hospital secret code language, my computer was a "code 99," meaning no palpable pulse or breathing... it SHOULD have been a "DNR" meaning 'do not resuscitate.' I had way too many programs running, causing its poor little underpowered, outdated pea brain to explode. It's off in the ITU (I made that one up: 'intensive tech unit')getting a brain transplant so when the next laptop falls pulseless, that unlucky person will get this one. The way my week is going, that might still be me. sigh